Learn how to EASILY turn any solid eraser into a kneaded eraser + tips and tricks. This is my favorite type of eraser and I use it in almost all of my tutorials. Since we’re all in quarantine right now, I know it may not be easy to buy, so I hope this DIY tutorial helps!
✅ MORE DIY TOOLS YOU CAN MAKE
– How to make a blending stump:
✏️ SOLID ERASERS I TESTED IN THIS VIDEO WITH RESULTS!
Notes: I judge how good each eraser is by how well it erases (how many dabs it takes to erase something), how well it holds its shape when I mold it/when I use it to erase something. Erasers ranked as mediocre are still viable, they’re just less effective to work with (eg: it may require more effort to erase with)
– Sakura Latex-Free, Non-PVC Eraser (Quick to knead. Doesn’t require adhesive. Makes a great kneaded eraser.)
– PaperMate PVC-Free Eraser (Quick to knead. Doesn’t need any adhesive. Makes a great kneaded eraser):
– Tombow Mono Plastic Eraser (Quick to knead. Somewhat crumbly. Needs some adhesive or graphite to soften it up. Makes a great kneaded eraser. Will become stiff when it cools back down from the warmth of your fingers, so it requires kneading before use. You can use this to your advantage, though – using it as both a solid eraser and putty eraser. It can hold its shape extremely well for erasing the tiniest areas):
– Pentel Hi-Polymer Eraser (Quick to knead. Somewhat crumbly putty. Needs some adhesive to fix crumbliness. Makes a good kneaded eraser):
– Dixon HB Pencil from dollarstore, latex-free (Takes some effort to knead. Not crumbly, but feels drier than all the solid erasers listed above. Works better without adhesive, but it is quite stiff. Makes a good kneaded eraser after you mix it with some graphite):
– Random white eraser from an old pencil case. I probably haven’t used it in like 12 years (It was so stiff that it didn’t even feel like rubber (It still worked anyway. I was able to quickly form it into a putty without any adhesive. Makes a good kneaded eraser)
– Paw Patrol Eraser from dollarstore (Quick to knead. Crumbly putty. Needs some adhesive. Makes a good kneaded eraser)
– PaperMate Pink Pearl Latex/PVC-Free Eraser (Extremely crumbly. Needs a lot of adhesive to become putty. Makes a mediocre kneaded eraser because it requires so much adhesive in order to be a decent putty eraser, that it can be difficult to mold into certain shapes without it sticking to my fingers and it changes shape too easily when I erase – you can observe this at the 4:13 mark. If you don’t need it to erase super fine details, it will do a good job):
– Studio HB Pencil from dollarstore (Results were similar to the Pink Pearl eraser. Makes a mediocre kneaded eraser)
✏️ MY FAVORITE STORE-BOUGHT KNEADED ERASER
I used this for some comparison shots.
– Prismacolor Kneaded Eraser (My favorite brand. I’m not sponsored by them. A NEW kneaded eraser will need to be broken into by adding some graphite particles and kneading it well to get it to soften up):
⏰ SKIP TO TIMESTAMP ⏰
0:00 – Intro
0:16 – How to make a kneaded eraser
1:02 – How to make putty out of a CRUMBLY eraser
2:23 – Two methods to fix stiff/slightly crumbly putty
3:38 – Testing newly made kneaded eraser
5:14 – How to make crumbs FASTER
🔔 Subscribe for more FREE drawing tutorials:
🧰 MY CAMERA EQUIPMENT
Camera and lens for Macro Closeups from the side (Sony a 5000):
👕 RFA STORE:
📢 If you enjoyed this video, help others enjoy it by adding captions in your native language. Thank you! –
This content contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through the link, I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. This helps fund free tutorials on the RFA channel and website. Thank you for your support!
5 Things Every New Collector Needs to Know
Art collecting can be called an art onto itself, and I should say there is no right way to buy art! Art is a personal thing and you should always buy what you fall in love with or what excites you. Yes, there are many styles, names, trends and some art goes up faster than others.Specialities of Thanjavur Paintings
There are many artistic and cultural works that speaks about the greatness of the Indian people and one of the greatest artistic works is the Thanjavur paintings and there are many Thanjavur Paintings for sale Online. There are many specialities in this Thanjavur painting which we are going to look below: HISTORY The paintings started its existence since 1600 A.D.3 Simple Tips To Bring Your Oil Painting To Life
Artists love using oil paints on canvas because of its many advantages. Whereas its slow drying process could seem as a drawback, especially for those who would rather finish their pieces faster, for the majority of artists is a plus. This is because it provides them with enough time to work on an artwork piece in different sessions without worrying that some parts will dry faster. They also find it much easier to make changes to their creations thanks to the slow drying characteristic of oil paintings. Oil paints also come with an advantage of creating luminous colors that are hard to wear. It is also much easier for the paints to blend with any surrounding colors so in the end an appealing artwork is achieved.8 Oil Painting Tips for Beginners
Oil paints are high quality and versatile. Plus, they are available in tons of colors. That’s the reason they are used by artists all over the world. Although it’s easy to get started with oil painting, there are a few things to learn. If you are into painting, you may have your favorite brand, mediums, palettes and brushes, but there are some general tips for you. Let’s read them.Vincent Van Gogh: The Victim of His Own Behavior
Vincent van Gogh was born in 1853 in Zundert in the south of Netherlands. He was unlucky to live only for 37 years and to discover his passion for art at the age of 27. Therefore, he worked as an artist for only 10 years of his life.